Monday, July 25, 2011

My name is Baloo!

Hello everyone! My name is Baloo! I know this is Cooks' blog, but *heh-heh* I sneaked in to say "hi". According to Mum and Dad, I'm about 1.5 years old (nearly two) and was found on a construction site with my brothers and sisters. My doggie parents are "jungle dogs" - maybe that's why my name is Baloo! You know...Jungle Book, Baloo bear...me, my parents, jungle...geddit, geddit? *heh-heh*


Anyway, I just wanted to say that I LLLUUURRRVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE my Cooks. And Mum. And Dad. I think they are the BEST people in the whole wide world! I get a whole house to myself - and Cooks of course. I mean, I get the whole house to Cooks and me. Not Cooks all to myself. Mum and Dad gave me a BIG bed to sleep in, it's the exactly the same bed as the one Cooks has! We have matching pillows too, although I've chewed the corner of mine. *heh-heh*

Cooks and I share a bed downstairs, sometimes he sleeps in it, sometimes I sleep in it. My favourite places in the house is between the chair and the window in the living room. There's a small space there, and I like to lie there when I've had a looong tiring day, and I just want to be sleep. My other favourite place is in front of that same chair, with my back tucked into the chair - this is when I'm just chilling, not when I'm super tired. Sometimes the bed gets too warm, so I need to lie on the floor. And then, there's another spot behind another chair, but this space is a lot bigger. *heh-heh* I have a lot of favourite spots! Usually behind chairs.

Sometimes I feel like being alone, and then I go to my small bed in the dining room - Mum nearly threw that bed out when I grew too big. But she brought it downstairs from the bedroom and then didn't throw it out, so I dragged it to a corner, climbed into it with my bone, and there's been no more talk of throwing out ever since. She keeps saying that it stinks though.

I like eating and playing, but I don't like too much physical contact. Mum and Dad always asks me for a "cuddle", and that usually means getting up close with them. But I'm not sure I like that yet - I've slowly gotten used to it, and maybe one day I will crawl onto their laps. For now, I'm just happiest when they are scratching my back. I like to scoot up close with my bum tucked against them, so that I don't slip and slide around, and then they will scratch my back and my chest. It's very relaxing and makes me want to go to sleep.

Cooks and I play together a lot. Well, *heh-heh* I try to get him to play and sometimes he does, but when he doesn't feel like it, he just bats me away. But I will keep pestering him until he gets up and plays with me. We play chase (he chases me but only when I have a rawhide bone in my mouth) and we play erm...we call it "attack" (that's when we pretend to attack each other - but he gets all worked up and starts barking at me, and I just paw at him to tell him to stop it).

He's very patient with me. He's the best brother in the whole wide...oh-oh! I better go, I hear my name being called...I'll come back again another time.

No comments: