Thursday, March 15, 2007

my house

Now, I talked about my little house before right? Well, I've now got a BIG house...I share it with mum and dad. They live up the stairs and I live on the ground floor.

I have lots of my things in my house - I've got a blue bed with a blue cushion (told you my favourite colour is blue!), I've got a blue blanket for when it's cold at night, I've got a paw-print cushion (not blue) that gets put on top of the blue cushion (coz the blue cushion is getting thin), I've got the leopard-print blanket that gets put on top of the chair, and I've got a white blanket with a cushion around it (goes on the chair as well, but then I get to put my head on the cushion, which is very comfortable).
Here's my cushion+blanket thing with my dad. I got this all wrapped up in paper and dad tried to get me to open it but my nails weren't sharp enough, so dad and then mum helped me open it. I wasn't sure what it was at first - was it a cushion or was it a blanket? Then they laid it out on the chair and I could see what it was.

You can see a bit of my blue bed, my pawprint cushion and blue blanket at the bottom right hand corner of the picture.

I also got new bowls - one big one for my water and a small one for my food. I love my food, but you know what I love even more? I love mum and dad's food! Theirs always smell better than mine does - I'm always staring at them when they're eating, in case they feel like sharing some of their food. Sometimes they do, which is great for me. And sometimes they tell me 'No'...then I just stare at them some more, and then I huff and turn away.

Mum told me that I'm not allowed 'upstairs' - that's where they sleep. Sometimes when they're not in the house, I sneak upstairs and lie on the bed coz that's where it's warm and sunny. But I don't know how mum knows that I've been on that bed, even though I don't tell her and she's not in the house...She must be spying on me or something!

We have a back deck at my new house - it's a really great place to stand and see what's going on around me. I can see into other people houses, I can see kids playing, sometimes I see a few cats wandering around. Here's dad and me at the back deck. See the gap in between the two white blocks? I can see into the back garden if I squeeze my head through the gap. And see the small area behind my head? If I put my front paws on that, I can stretch my head round so that I can see what's going on at the neighbour's deck. Dad thinks it's rude, but I'm just curious what they are doing.

There's also a front deck, with a water thing. Dad lies out there sometimes to get the sun, but mum prefers to sit inside. She says that dad's already taken the nice chair. Next to the deck is my private jungle...it's really fun to go in there. There's tall grass and plants...and that's where I hide all my balls and bones. Sometimes when it's too hot inside the house at night, I go out to the jungle and gnaw at one of my bones that I've hidden. This is me in my jungle. Doesn't it look like the coolest place to lie around?

We took a few photos - me, dad and mum - outside on the front deck. I've asked mum to find those photos so that I can put them up here. And since it's my blog, here are more photos of me in my jungle and my walk. There's another one of my with my orange thing (it's called a frisbee), with dad standing off to the side. Mum's finally found those pictures that I asked, so here's the one of the three of us in the front deck. You can see the water thing near us, and a small corner of our car.



Oh, sometimes we get visitors in the house, and sometimes we visit them. Most of the time we visit them, as they have a huge house and garden for me to run around in. There's also a dog called Eddy - she's fun. We look quite similar actually, but she's grey and brown. There are two adults and two small kids. I love kids! The first time the kids came into the house, I was very worried that they don't know their way around, so I followed them all over the house to make sure that they were alright. The bigger kid is a girl - her name is Vittoria, and the smaller one is a boy - his name is Sean. Sean doesn't speak yet, but Vittoria chats away to mum when she visits.

Here's what they look like. That's me in front (mum took the photo before I was ready!), then there's dad. And then there's Vittoria with her mum, and Sean with his dad, and then that's their granddad, trying to get Sean to look at the camera. I like them - they're really nice to me. Yes, I know...it's all about me! And why not???

No comments: